You are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →


[–] crazy_eyes [S] 0 points 10 points (+10|-0) ago 

Thank you kind badger


[–] nogods_nokings 0 points 5 points (+5|-0) ago 

you won't need any FOIA demand if this goes to court, you'll need a simple discovery demand, and then an order from the judge for them to produce it if they don't (as long as the probative value is good and not a fishing expedition). long story short, don't listen to any of us assholes, get a lawyer for the appeal. doing it yourself isn't going to work.

if it's anything other than a simple traffic violation ALWAYS GET AN ATTORNEY. the courts are not friendly places to people who don't practice law.


[–] 51rH0n3y84d93r 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago  (edited ago)

The benefit of the FOIA is that he's able to assemble information without having to go to a judge right away. Of course he can hire an attorney and have them perform discovery. My steps would either provide useful information to him or his attorney or show him / his attorney that they are violating laws by not providing the documents.

edit: I'm also unaware of any attorney actually validating if someone they're working with was properly appointed.