You are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →


[–] Titus-of-Voat 0 points 68 points (+68|-0) ago  (edited ago)

You are correct you should not have to prove your son's innocence. That is absurd. I'd see how you can get a transcript of the hearing and present it to a lawyer if you can get a reasonable or free consultation. It may cost you more then the 185, but it might be worth a few extra hundred bucks to stick it to this judge.

I don't use syrup either, it is basically corn syrup. It's like your son is in trouble because the ex didn't have syrup. Fucking laughable.


[–] crazy_eyes [S] 0 points 27 points (+27|-0) ago 

I will see if I can get a transcript, that's a good idea. I just don't know if it's worth it to throw money at it, though I do know in the future if my son were to get into some trouble they would bring this up as evidence of a pattern or character or something


[–] lexsird 1 points 37 points (+38|-1) ago 

You should have taken the contempt of court charge so that you could sue the everloving fuck out of the judge, the cop and the county. Definately get the transcripts. In fact, tell this story to an OUT OF TOWN LAWYER or one that has a reputation of not being one of the 'good old boys'.

Lawyers in smaller towns can be just as big of a problem as the crooked law enforcement or judges. They all work together, they collude big fucking time, don't let anyone bullshit you. If there is a rival town near you, go to it and explain what the hell is going on. Tell them you not only want this to go away, but you want damages and punitive damages.

By standing up to these cunts, you are already on their radar. I'm betting you're in a small town because this is typical small town horse shit. They abuse you because they expect to gin up business for one of their cunt lawyer friends. They hate it when someone tries to do what you did. You're pissing on their crooked assed economy.

When you nuke them with an out of town lawyer, they'd be pissy still. You'll need to put some recording devices in your vehicles and in your home because I'd bet that they try even more bullshit. This is where you nail them yet again and score enough to move the fuck away.

It's that or eat a cock and pay the fuckers of their extortion money and move on. Don't make their radar and tell your kid for fuck's sake don't get in any trouble again or they'll rape his ass in court and yours too. It sucks, but welcome to the realities of court in America.


[–] Titus-of-Voat 0 points 20 points (+20|-0) ago 

His priors would be a factor in future sentencing if he did get into additional trouble as a minor.


[–] Hey_Sunshine 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

the court transcripts will be a small filing fee, you should have recorded the courtroom proceedings because you have grounds for a civil law suit.


[–] retractableclaws 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

If you don't contest these misdemeanor charges, be sure to get his record purged. I think this process varies by state, but you can pay a couple hundred bucks and get it purged from his record and the internet (the latter being the real problem).


[–] Alopix 0 points 4 points (+4|-0) ago 

You can still get legit maple syrup. It's quite a bit more expensive than the "brown HFCS" though


[–] E-werd 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

If you dont like "brown HFCS" then make your own. IIRC, about a half cup brown sugar, half cup white sugar, and a cup of water. Stir and boil. Add like a 1/4 tsp of extract if you want a different flavor, I liked almond extract, but vanilla would be good as well--maple would probably be the best.