It's a software bot called Tai Ding and its fucking wreaking havoc.
This quote just pisses me off
According to Chris Wheatley, another team member behind the Tai Ding bot, GameStop, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us are aware of the bot. Wheatley told Polygon they have tried to figure out ways to shut the bots down, but haven’t been successful. Polygon has reached out to all three companies for comment and will update if more information becomes available.
You mean to tell me that they cant:
- Limit purchases to 1 per account/Credit card
- Limit 1 purchase to a single IP
- Have a captcha required before buying
- Setup a scavenger hunt ala Bag-of-Crap like on woot.com
- Randomize the location of the preorder button on the webpage each refresh
Seriously, how the fuck is it amateur hour at all these online outlets? Get your shit together and fix it!