All right, it's been a while since the last version number, so here's a progress report.
First, new features: I added drag/drop support a while ago as I'm sure you all noticed, and as of last Saturday I started stripping all exif data from jpegs. (And it's retroactive.)
My next goal was to add https support, but there were a lot of problems getting that working. Azure wants to charge me too much, other hosts aren't very good, Mono doesn't like MVC, blah blah blah. Basically, any route I take with C# will just involve too many problems, so I've decided to recreate Veuwer in a new programming language - probably Ruby.
What does this mean for you guys? First, it'll be a bit longer before the next update. I figure it's better to make a post here instead of just going dark for a few weeks. And second, those 403 erorrs you've been seeing will keep happening every so often until I get the site running in a new language. Luckily they shouldn't last more than a few minutes at a time.
Finally, because they're cool, here's a few stats. In the last 24 hours, Veuwer received about 65,000 http requests, in which clients uploaded 1 GB and downloaded almost 30 GB. That translates to (just a ballpark estimate) around 10-20,000 image views. This is 3.6 times more than 11 days ago (more like 5x because of client-side caching) so Veuwer is growing pretty fast...probably because of a few people who mention it every time someone asks for an Imgur alternative. You know who you are.
So yeah, I suck at conclusions. I'm a programmer, not a writer. Fuck words. Time for me to get back to coding.