wisconsin political favors.........
2016 Forbes listing, Wisconsin’s Diane Hendricks is the nation’s wealthiest self-made woman, with a net worth of nearly $5 billion. Yet she paid no Wisconsin income tax in the years 2010/2015. The company paid state income taxes in other states where it does business.This Trump economic adviser also gets a break on the taxes on the 228-acre property consisting of 14 parcels where she lives in the Town of Rock,
The Pitts, LLC., and sharing an address with the headquarters of ABC Supply, Inc., her family firm, received a $4.2 million Warranty Deed for the property. the 120-acre main parcel — has an assessed land valuation of only $75k while four of her adjacent lots are each assessed at $22k. This raises red flags.
the property assessment compiled by Accurate Appraisal, LLC., with whom the Town of Rock contracts, shows only a modest 1600-square-ft frame residence on the property.
This conflicts with the description of the home when Forbes Magazine toured the residence in 2010:
Diane Hendricks (is)… transforming a modest rustic home in Afton, Wis. into a 10k-square-ft dream house.
A Google Earth search of the home’s address also clearly shows a very large home on the rural property.Hendricks herself has talked about her spread (which apparently is ideal for corporate entertaining) with a reporter from Bloomberg News in a 2015 article entitled “Meet the Billionaire Roofer Behind Scott Walker“:
the descriptions of the home did not match the assessment records. the Clerk/Treasurer of the Town of Rock confirmed the parcel number.
Accurate App. does the assessments for over 100 Wisconsin communities. castle rock chamber of commerce does not list Accurate Appraisals. I found Acc App. online but not their owner/operator or businesses they partner with.....but they are supposedly contracted with the city.(GROTA APPRAISAL LLC is also listed on the Rock website. This company website actually has information..)
Urban Milwaukee got involved, and contacted both the Town of Rock and Accurate Appraisal. Rock responded, saying “our attorney will review...”. As for Accurate Appraisal, "all requests must go through the Town ".
Urban Milauwkee again, “ ...going to proceed assuming a full assessment of Hendricks home has not been made.”
Accurate Appraisal has in the past made errors.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a Watchdog report entitled “The Trouble with Taxes,” and “found in dozens of communities across Wisconsin, at least 20% of residential property taxes are being paid by the wrong people. Among those “wrong people” could be 3,337 of the 3,338 inhabitants of the Town of Rock — assuming Hendricks home is not assessed for property taxes, and perhaps if her land is under-assessed."
Diane Hendricks is no stranger to the world of government. She is :
1. co-chair of Rock County 5.0,
1. a five-year public/private initiative to advance Rock County’s economic development,
1. has served on the board of Wisconsin Eye, which televises legislative hearings,
1. has served on the Republican National Committee and is close to Gov. Walker.
1. She has been a major ally and contributor to Gov. Scott Walker, pouring $5 million into a super PAC that was formed to support Walkers presidential bid.
1. She has pumped nearly $5.5 million into a conservative super PAC that’s spending millions of dollars on attack ads in her home state. These were purchased by the Reform America Fund, which has raised almost $6 million, meaning Hendricks accounts for 93 percent of its war chest.
1. She also gave $500,000 to Walker's 2012 recall campaign.
For a List of Properties in Hendricks Compound---click the link.