You are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →


[–] Commie_Meta 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

Its toxicity is only a problem with bulk use of powders. In electronics it will probably be used in layers one atom thick. The dose makes the poison, and a single-atom layer us a miniscule dose.

A quick literature check also shows that toxicity is much greater with raw graphene nanoparticles. Every edge atom is reactive, possibly even a free radical. C1000························· is not something you want to inhale or inject. One review paper I read said that putting something harmless on the dangling bonds made the particles much less toxic. Which is to be expected. If it were like asbestos, people who work at graphite mills would get lung cancer at a high rate.