I am open to new ideas and technologies but generally speaking I think websites should be served without a framework. My main reasons are:
- time pissed away learning horizontal trends
- increase weight of the site
- they are instantly legacy code because in a year there will be a new framework
- they obfuscate simple tasks
- hive mind uses x framework because they think it makes them leet. If everyone drinks the koolaid who will be left to argue?
- patterns that get used enough on a website CAN be reinvented at significantly lower cost in time, file size, and maintainability than using a framework.
<li *ngFor="let foo in bar"></li>
Its like they just do whatever they want. Its like a kid with crayons. Its exactly what I would have made if I were trying to demonstrate bad design.
Web development is infected with some kind of weird mental disease. I do not see it getting better. I see myself getting out.