0
6

[–] Its_ok_to_be_white 0 points 6 points (+6|-0) ago 

Another option is to install a pressure tank and back flow preventer designed for a well pump. If your water goes out, you'll have 20-40 gallons still on tap and ready to go through the faucet.

An under-sink RO system attached to the biggest pressure tank you can find would be ideal.

0
1

[–] scoobatron 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Hot water heaters can store a good amount

[–] [deleted] 0 points 4 points (+4|-0) ago 

[Deleted]

[–] [deleted] 0 points 4 points (+4|-0) ago 

[Deleted]

0
2

[–] Lt_Gonville_Bromhead 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

Great infographic. Care if I add it to the sidebar?

0
2

[–] DietCokehead1 [S] 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

please do

0
1

[–] glassuser 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Bleach breaks down in the bottle too. It happens faster at higher temperatures, but will make a bottle of bleach nearly inert after 6-12 months at room temperature. Keep a small supply of pool shock powder (calcium hypochlorite). It will last nearly forever on the shelf.

0
1

[–] FidgetyImp 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

I live next to a fuck-ton of lakes... winner. Got this sorted.

0
1

[–] AssaultMonkey 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Ehhhh some good info but much is bs. Tap water is disinfected with chlorine and you boil that. I would nit rely on this graphic.

0
1

[–] glassuser 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Tap water is disinfected with chlorine

Often not. Bromine is common too. Your overall point stands though.

0
1

[–] Nprpropaganda 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Oh so you can't boil disinfected water due to the bleach fumes, but go ahead and drink it. Also what is iodine? I don't think it exists.

0
0

[–] piratse 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

I mean it's a chemical reaction. You can eat weed and it does nothing, but smoking it has a multitude of effects.

2
2

[–] JohnJones 2 points 2 points (+4|-2) ago 

eating weed will get you high

0
1

[–] AssaultMonkey 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Chlorine fumes kill, but at higher concentrations than used for disinfection. Tap water is dosed with chlorine ans you boil that. Depending on where you live, you can request a water report from your service that explains what they do.

1
0

[–] Headrush 1 points 0 points (+1|-1) ago 

nice troll. Don't kill off Voaters by telling them to drink Bleach.

load more comments ▼ (1 remaining)