0
3

[–] shill343 0 points 3 points (+3|-0) ago 

I wonder if the southwest is so high due to the high number of Hispanics in that region.

0
2

[–] Joe_McCarthy [S] 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

I know 27% of Hispanics were found to favor secession in 2012 and one can wager those are heavily Mexicans, not Florida Cubans or Northeastern Puerto Ricans. In Arizona we're likely seeing pissed off whites angry over federal policy on immigration and pissed off Mexicans that dislike whites in Arizona for being pissed off about immigration. Hence the high score.

0
2

[–] Pacawac 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

Well, it should be no surprise that 25% of the population is tired of paying for the other 75% of the people.

0
0

[–] laikaislost 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago  (edited ago)

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/05/which-states-are-givers-and-which-are-takers/361668/

Basically, 36 states take more from the federal government than they spend. So in reality, a majority of the states are not paying for the other 75% of the people.

EDIT: Also, I think it's fun to point out that only 5 of those 14 states that pay more than they receive from the Federal Government are red states, and of the top 14 worst states, only 6 are blue states.

0
1

[–] 7even6ix2wo 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

How is West Virginia int he south east?

0
0

[–] Joe_McCarthy [S] 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

It was part of Virginia and is a Southern state if one that refused to join the Confederacy.

0
1

[–] derram 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

https://archive.is/OtGzR :

SECESSION_opinion_map-with-q.jpg (621x401 pixels)

This has been an automated message.

0
0

[–] laikaislost 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

I can't believe these large numbers. I know absolutely no people who are in favor of secession. Recently there was a vote from a few counties in Colorado to see if they wanted to explore the idea of secession. The rest of Colorado universally laughed.

0
0

[–] anoncastillo 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

Different communities and types of people can have vastly different opinions. There could be a large subset of your community that supports secession that you don't know about because you're not part of their community.

[–] [deleted] 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago  (edited ago)

[Deleted]

0
0

[–] Joe_McCarthy [S] 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

Dislike of the feds is largely a dislike of the people that vote it into office even if maybe unconsciously oftentimes. The South seceded because they were increasingly outnumbered by detested Yankees and Northerners in general that controlled the federal government. If someone secedes again it'll be fundamentally because they are resolved that they can no longer coexist with the bulk of the people in the US.

0
0

[–] Joe_McCarthy [S] 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

load more comments ▼ (1 remaining)