GO TO THIS POST FOR AN UPDATE OF THIS THREAD AND TOPICS - https://voat.co/v/pizzagatewhatever/2033192
Hello One and All-
Recently I have been told that if enough people were interested in rules and subverse changes, we could get it stickied on the main page to bring the ideas to the community. If we can get the community to ask for change, we are supposed to get that on our forum - that's how it is said that voat operates.
I said I woud post something and see if I could raise support for some changes. At first I wanted to propose that we alllow "rule change" and site suggestion posts on the main page, but I don't think that's such a great idea after all. Vindicator gave the current rules change process, which I am trying out right now with this message on PGwhatever, and I agree that such a rule change could mean a lot of garbage posts to the main page by shills. Also, for the record, I think main page posts should show a link to pizzagate or pedogate, and have never seen a problem with a rule that keeps posts topical and relevant - it is how the rule is implemented that seems to cause the problems but that topic is not my specialty, and enough said on it for now.
INSTEAD of specific rule changes, I am pinging a large group of commenters and lurkers to propose TWO FORUM CHANGES:
1. On the main page sidebar it states - "Minimum CCP required to downvote in this sub: 0" I want to return to 100 CCP points (comment points) required before a new account can MAKE SUBMISSIONS OR DOWNVOAT. (I had it as COMMENT too but I am retracting that as a mistake. I remember not being able to comment for lack of points, when the original mods ran a shill brigade, hence the confusion.) The forum started with this policy, most of us went through it with little problem, and it provides a thin membrane of protection for the sub from new account shills which are our worst problem. This CCP requirement was removed without notification months ago, and it does this forum no favors in the shill department. I want to see the 100 point requirement reinstated.
2. Vindicator would be willing to assume one Ownership slot of this subverse if there was community support. I am in support of this idea, here's why -
a. Overall it would be better to have an active owner who at least demonstrates interest in the subverse than a totally absent owner that does not have one shred of interest here and hasn't for many months - KingKongWasWrong. KKWW does not interact with this subforum in any manner and has not done anything for this place whatsoever since start up, but retains ownership. This should change.
b. I have had bitter differences with Vindicator over how the anti-protest sticky was handled "back in the day". Nevertheless sublife goes on, and this is a person who does a lot of drudge work on a daily basis to maintain the pizzagate subverse, and who understands its unique nature and needs very well. Also in general Vindicator makes reason based decisions and is generally a responsive mod when it comes to questions and concerns of our community. I'd like to see if a change of ownership from KKWW to a mod we at least know and can interact with.
c. Let's try something, anything different. We literally have nothing to lose.
So to be clear, in this discussion
1) I'd like to get your support for the above two ideas - please indicate if you can support.
2) If you have a rules change idea that is responsible and well thought through, make your case for that as well in your comment - this will be addressed in the future if this process proves to work, so please comment on the CCP and Ownership issues too. Gallows humor is also always welcome.
3) Pass this link to others by pinging them to come here, private message and in comments. I am not very social so gathering a consensus is not my strength, but I'm giving it a shot by pinging anyone and everyone I can think of, including lurkers, friends, frenemies, strangers, etc, and seeing what happens. -VB💎
edit - if you've been pinged more than once sorry, it is a clunky process