Relevant Threads to Subverse Restructuring
PREVIOUS RULES DISCUSSION STICKY 1
PREVIOUS RULES DISCUSSION STICKY 2
PREVIOUS PIZZAGATE DEFINITION STICKY 1
PREVIOUS PIZZAGATE DEFINITION STICKY 2 (deleted by rogue mod)
PREVIOUS PIZZAGATE DEFINITION STICKY 2
Please Subscribe to the Network
In order to make this investigation work we have to be able to freely share ideas and discuss them. However, we also need to hold ourselves to some degree of rigor when it comes to evidence. To balance these competing demands we have broken the sub into "sub-subverses". There are other pizzagate subverses on Voat, but the following are intended to function as a linked subverse. This will allow for free, uncensored discourse, meta-discussion of the sub/investigation and its purpose, but at the same time provide a space for strictly moderated submission of evidence-based research.
The subdivisions are as follows:
v/pizzagate is for evidence-based, researched submissions. Any submissions to this sub require adherence to the posting guidelines. Moderation is strict from a "remove with request for resubmittal". If a post is removed the moderator is required to explain the removal and provide a clear description of what would need to be changed for the post to satisfy the ruleset.
v/pizzagatewhatever is for general discussion, brainstorming, "thinking out loud" questions, and anything that can help generate new lines of thinking. Literally the only things that will be removed is spam and stuff that is completely off-topic.
v/askpizzagate is for targeted questions when your research efforts come up empty. Look at it like a "Help me research this please" resource.
v/pizzagatememes is for general posting/creation/discussion of memes related to Pizzagate
v/pizzagatemods is for meta concerns related to the pizzagate subverse network, and moderation discussion
Moderation Rules and Final Notes
As I said a couple of weeks back, my role in all of this has been that of consultant. I actively moderated the sub during this time to troubleshoot the rules and try to spot grey areas. I do think that the sidebar rules are adequate and, if consistently enforced, will ensure that posts to v/pizzagate will be relevant to the investigation and will provide sources to back their claims. I will say that the mods need the community's help to police the place. Downvote shills. Report rule breaking submissions. The only way the rules work is if they are consistently and evenly enforced. If you have problems with the rules please voice them in v/pizzagatemods. If you think that you have been treated unfairly you can always post in v/protectvoat.
In any event, to keep the subverse flowing smoothly there should be rules for mods.
(1) Every Removed Submission Gets A Mod Comment. The Mod who is removing the Submission will:
- Explain clearly which rule the Submission broke
- What the poster needs to add/fix to resubmit OR suggest an alternate sub in the network to post it to.
- If the submission needs to be submitted to one of the other subverses in the network, the moderator will provide a hotlink to that subverse in the comment.
- Distinguish their comment and then delete citing the appropriate rule in the "Deletion Reason" field
(2) Comments are to be off limits to moderation, with the following exceptions:
- illegal content (CP, direct specific threats against IRL entities, anything that you could be criminally charged for in US court)
- comments that dox users
- adspam (advertisement links - it happens)
- copypasta within the same thread - the mod will leave the first instance and remove the rest
- NSFW content (images, etc) that has not been appropriately labeled as such (v/pizzagate is not an "adult" subverse)
- hyperlinks to malicious urls
I will leave this sticky up for four days. Please voice any concerns you have about the new rules, the new structure, or moderation of the sub in general. After four days @Millennial_Falcon's Summary Thread (linked in sidebar and at the top of this thread) will replace this thread as the permanent, continuously updating sticky for the sub. I will step down as a mod of this sub and hopefully things will be better organized than before. I want to thank everybody for their patience while we worked through this restructuring.