You are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

0
0

[–] derram ago 

https://archive.fo/TrYNz :

Family offers 'sincere apologies' after daughter falsely reported hijab attack - Toronto - CBC News

'The girl reported Friday that a man attempted twice to cut off her hijab as she walked to school with her younger brother. '

'The family of the 11-year-old girl who reported that a man tried to cut off her hijab last week — an incident police said did not occur — offered "sincere apologies to every Canadian" in a statement on Wednesday. '

'"We are deeply sorry for the pain and anger that our family has caused in the past several days," the statement reads. '

'The family says the experience has been "very painful" and that they look forward to "closing this difficult chapter."'

'Her story captured national attention and drew public condemnation from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne and Toronto Mayor John Tory. '


This has been an automated message.