TL;DR - Putting in for an L2 at my current site, with a decent L1 understanding but no CCNA yet...what should I study from a high-level overview?
Couple things to mention for context:
- I am already on the network team in the NOC/SWAT.
- We are an on site contractor for a large finance firm.
- I currently report to the Net/SecOps manager.
- Been here 2 years in this current role, and Firewall coordinator.
- This is a more tech-centric stepping stone as far as my career goals go.
I understand an L2 here may be different than one there. I am also trying to wrap up my CCNA studies and prepare to take the test. I was approached by my manager 2 times for this role and he is aware of my skill sets, etc. for the most part. One of the lead engineers recommended me as we are backfilling a couple vacancies.
That being said, I will be working a lot closer with the various technologies but most of the work will likely be configuring devices, etc.
To the question at hand - What should I focus on brushing up on with time being of the essence? I know my basic route/switch commands, I can write ACL's but I need to brush up on those, my attention to detail is pretty solid so I shouldn't have any failed changes.
Any thoughts or input are welcome.