So what do you think?
Do you think independent creative people with cheap DSLR and mirrorless cameras will be able to fill the cesspit that Hollywood has become?
While hollywood has tons of retarded superhero movies, along with pedophile shit like Stephen King's It, creative and talented filmmakers are making some great stuff and throwing them online, usually short films.
I recently came across this fantastic, cinematic short film made by two brothers:
They used the following to make it:
1) After affects software
2) Canon DSLR, I think it was a Mark II
4) Greenscreen painted wall on the side of a building for the car scene shot
5) shoulder rig for shooting market scene (looked like a cheap one made with pvc)
6) Drone for car scene
I think that's it. A very modest investment for a multi-award winning movie. The quality and color of the film, and cinematography, is as good as hollywood.
So it appears that the gap is closing here. It seems the only advantage Hollywood has at this point is:
1) No cheap access to good filmmaking software. Adobe After Affects is low end compared to what hollywood uses, and it is still expensive as fuck, at least for the poor creative filmmaker.
3) Huge green screen studios where they can create fantastic worlds and action scenes, and massive sound affect resources.
Here's another great short film by another talented filmmaker. This is a comedy/horror short, a perfectly done blend which is not easy to do.