[–] Art1cBear 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

If you mean an 80% lower? I think Cali is the only state that has made it illegal to make one. As long as you don't sell it or give it away most states are cool with it and you aren't required to serialize or inform anyone that you have it. As long as you aren't already a prohibited person you are totally cool making a firearm at home.

Obviously no full-auto, sbr, or suppressor without the required application and stamps.

[–] oldboergoat 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

Not sure I would go with a poly lower, but your call. Fed laws cover things like 80%, if/when you need to get a tax stamp. Not hip on some weird states. You might want to add a state to help those who can be more specific.