Was about to get into a debate about good guitarists with first chair @TheBuddha when he asked my credentials. I mean technically I don't have any, but then I'd be a real pill to launch into something like that without laying a bit of groundwork. I could say I'm busy. I could feign indifference. I have work to do...
...ah, fuck it. Guitar. So since I'm not by trade or by training a guitarist myself, I'll go ahead and post my list.
Brian May. I didn't really hesitate to put May at the top. He's a bit muted for most of you'all's tastes, but I decided to give him the crown for the simple reason that he could replicate what most of the other guitarists we're going to talking about achieve. Most people who would deny him are simply failing to give credit where credit is due.
Rodrigo Sanchez We're down to the brass tax already. Sanchez? Who the fuck is Sanchez, most of you are about to ask. And now we reach the painful fact that yes, Spics are better at guitar than white guys. There, I said it. Lo siento, vendejos.
- Paco de Lucia Just stating the obvious
- Slash He should possibly be higher. He does feedback better than most of the above, and if I don't list some feedback most of you cats are going to think I'm biased. I'm not biased, I'm Prometheus.
- Dave Navarro It would be tempting to leave him off because he's a twit, and because he's not interesting. But he eclipses in skill most of the other guitarists that you guys are going to list.
- Prince Ha!ha! Just kidding! Prince sucks.
- Steven Vaughn This one isn't controvertial, and he should obviously be much higher. I saved Vaughn for a lower spot since few would dispute his inclusion.
- James Page Frankly I'm surprised he hasn't made more of your lists. If anyone is tempted to dispute him listen to the bridge from "Whole Lotta (sic) Love" until you get it.
- Edward Van Halen Obviously
- Jimmie Hendrix But I'll concede that Hendrix is only listed here do to his abilities with feedback. If you didn't count feedback, then he wouldn't even be close. People just like his sound, that doesn't make him great.
I think that should do it for now. Are these people better than the guitarists that you listen to? Probably, but that will mostly be due to Sanchez and de Lucia, given that most of you faggots don't really dig Flamenco. Rock sucks compared to Flamenco.