You are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →


[–] Psycs 0 points 7 points (+7|-0) ago  (edited ago)

There is. It is called a letter of protest. "A letter of protest is an informal procedure that allows third parties to bring to the attention of the USPTO evidence bearing on the registrability of a mark. "

You can read about here:


[–] fcsuper 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

I tried contacting the TM office before about public comment (way back when). They weren't forthcoming about this option. Thx. Time to make a letter of protest for "Let's play" perhaps?


[–] Psycs 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

This is a fairly new resource.

I think that the best way to go about this is have the trademark lawyer community and gaming press pick up on this to raise a stink. A letter of protest has to be well drafted by an attorney versed in USPTO practice for it to be effective.