You are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

1
25

[–] BakedMofoBread 1 point 25 points (+26|-1) ago 

Hilariously, if youwere to build that gearing system, it would indeed sieze or break.

Obviously that logo wans't created by a mechanical engineer.

0
39

[–] OhBlindOne 0 points 39 points (+39|-0) ago 

Obviously that logo wans't created by a mechanical engineer.

It doesn't take an engineering degree to conclude that such a system wouldn't function. It's just common sense. And that's the truly sad part.

1
5

[–] sccflame 1 point 5 points (+6|-1) ago 

isnt that the issue common sense was removed from being taught in school

2
1

[–] FuckTheVirileAether 2 points 1 point (+3|-2) ago 

It isn't really common sense, not in the sense that most people can simply look at this image and understand that it will not work. Many people can't visualize gears spinning in their heads to 'see' why it won't work. Being able to do geometry in your head is almost exclusive to the Aryan race, with a few exceptions among individuals who likely share some genetic similarities with Aryan, and is one of the justifications Nazis used for Aryans being the master race. Being the master, leading people, you need to be able to visualize how these gears work together, something other races can't commonly do.

0
29

[–] twomoreandatinkle 0 points 29 points (+29|-0) ago 

I think it symbolizes that the education system is non functional.

0
0

[–] UglyTruth ago 

Pretty much. If you want information that assists you rather than information that encumbers you, then the commercial model works way better than the corporate (i.e. state sponsored) model.

[–] [deleted] 0 points 19 points (+19|-0) ago 

[Deleted]

0
3

[–] peacegnome 0 points 3 points (+3|-0) ago 

it;s the cog that is bigger than all of them, "administration and government oversight", you can't blame the current situation on anyone else. Even if the teachers are shitty it is because of shitty policies that they are teaching.

3
-1

[–] BigDaddy69 3 points -1 points (+2|-3) ago 

90% of the problems in public education are caused by shitty parents, and the other 10% is because we can't get black and hispanic men to teach elementary school.

0
7

[–] GoogleHatesVoat 0 points 7 points (+7|-0) ago 

Even a child that fixes their own bicycle chain could figure this one out, which leaves out 99% of western civilization. The real 1% are people that can accomplish practical tasks and problem solve. We've turned our society into specialized insects, rather than human beings. Without the internet most people could not figure out the simplest of tasks. Kids are advertised by insurance companies as not even able to change their own tire when they get a flat. Not women mind you, twenty something males. Thanks Obama.

0
0

[–] UglyTruth ago 

The human condition is the problem, but human beings can't help but see it as the goal. They see the heart and the mind as being different from each other when in reality they are different aspects of the the same thing. Happiness and reason work well together at a deep level, but the state sponsored humanist educational system works in opposition to this.