So I went for it and started a blackberry wine.
It's a hurried, slapdash copy of one of these blackberry wine recipes, I think the second, medium bodied one. Here are the measures I used:
Note: What I actually did was different, the recipe above was my intent. My proportions are off because I put too much water in, then had to pour off some blackberry pulp when adding the sugar threatened to overflow my fermenting jug. And I just realized that I put in 1 Kg of sugar, no wonder it was hard to dissolve. I hope the yeast can cope.
As for my method, I blended my frozen blackberries (with water so I could pour the slush/pulp). I wanted maximum flavour from the berries and I wanted to skip the soaking step. I'll also be fermenting with the pulp in which may cause overflow if the pectin enzyme doesn't dissolve the pulp in time. After the blended blackberries I topped off with water and added the sugar.
I'll see how primary fermentation goes. The plan is 1 week then filter the pulp and go to secondary fermentation for 3 months. Hopefully the pulp will sink and I can siphon off the clear must above it.