Welcome to Cover Band
Cover Band is a sub dedicated to great covers by great artists. It's like a game in a way. Find a good version of a song not done by the original artist. Post it here.
- Have fun.
- Post covers you like.
- "Cover" being defined as not a release by the original published artist.
- Stay on topic. (Please, no spam.)
- Shit-posting must stay on topic. Egregious offenders will be banned.
- Post high-quality covers. Most listless Voaters idly browsing /v/all will probably treat this like /v/music and upvoat if they think it's good.
- Commercial artists strongly recommended (unless it's just that good)
- Post Hooktube links if possible.
- Let's keep it to one "Bob Dylan sang it first" per day.
- Let's keep it to one "Elvis sang it better" per day.
- Reality Show covers will be considered "lite spam" and not immediately bannable. Keep it up, you will get banned.
- Amateur covers should be done well, or else it's just spam. (The Internet has a million "Let It Go" covers. They're easy to find. Don't post them here.)
- If the original is obscure, post your source. This is not a political sub; go ahead and use Wikipedia.
Preferred Title Format
- Cover Artist - Song Covered (Original Artist)
- Be polite. Feel free to say you prefer the old one. Just be polite.
- If someone goofs by posting something incorrectly (wrong original artist), let them know, but be polite.
This isn't Reddit. You're on Voat, so if someone wounds your pride, try to be the better person. But out-right toxicity will not be tolerated.