You are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

0
4

[–] con77 0 points 4 points (+4|-0) ago 

taurus G2

2
5

[–] BigMatteson 2 points 5 points (+7|-2) ago 

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus. Especially since the S&W M&P is so cheap.

0
2

[–] NiggerBitch69 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

Could you tell me why? I haven’t shot a Taurus but, as one of my comments has pointed out, I’m considering purchasing one. I’ve shot a shield and found it hard to consistently shoot accurately. By no means am I an expert shooter, in fact I’d say I’m a novice. But, I can consistently shoot my PX4 storm and my buddies glock 17 fairly well. Can that be attributed to the weight of those bigger pistols compared to a lighter more concealable firearm?

0
4

[–] NoisyCricket 0 points 4 points (+4|-0) ago 

This is the only correct answer. A PT111G2 is the only good "budget" option readily available. Contrary to snobbish contrary comments, the PT1111G2 is universally well accepted and functions very well. It's accurate and extremely reliable. No one who has actually used one has anything bad to say about it. My wife's weapon has several thousands rounds through it without issue. This is by far normal for this weapon.

You can frequently find excellent deals on this weapon. But even at normal prices you can frequently get it for less $250 + FFL out the door. My wife bought hers for $245, including FFL, years ago. Better deals are frequent and common.

Anyone who says anything contrary here is proving they have no credibility on firearms. They instead have decided brand loyalty is more important than quality or reliability. Which means they have no opinion of importance and are incapable of thinking for themselves.

The only legitimate complaint is that some people don't like the trigger. It's not a problem in anyway nor is it bad. It's just different with long-ish travel.

Random search search, but this review is typical of all PT111G2 reviews: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/04/tyler-kee/gun-review-taurus-millenium-g2-9-mm/

The weapon universally reviews and performs excellent. Good tolerances, fit, and finish. It's the definition of good budget buys.

0
1

[–] Ratch 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

It's not the "only" answer if the dude has $300 to spend. I liked my g2 quite a bit, but with $100 more I'd rather have a shield or lc9.

I've had all 3 and so far the taurus was the only one to ever FTE.

0
1

[–] smite1911 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

just no. Taurus is garbage. Some people get lucky and don't have issues - but others get bent over and screwed by their horrible quality control AND then get the curse of dealing with their shit-tier customer service. When your taurus goes back for warranty work, there's maybe a 25% change it gets fixed and you're good to go, 50% chance they fix the original issue and/or introduce a new one, and 25% chance they don't fix it, and it is now worse than before if / when you ever get it back.