We've been through some "fun times" over the years Voat, and every minute of it was a challenge but I'm excited to announce that Voat was finally sent an Angel.
I've been in ongoing discussions for months now regarding bringing in a partner. I'm happy to confirm that we have finalized and moved forward with an agreement that will give Voat the future it always deserved. I'm so happy right now. I'm happy we didn't give up when things got tough. We truly earned our Goat badges (and the scars are pretty cool too).
At this time, given the world we live in, it's best to keep some of the details of this deal guarded, at least until Voat gets acclimated to the partnership and the newness fades.
What is important to say is this:
- Voat will remain a company dedicated to Freedom of Speech (and Privacy - more later)
- I will remain CEO, will work solely on Voat in a full time capacity, and continue to make all decisions regarding policy moving forward
- This deal was realistic and fair (no one is buying a yacht and retiring)
- Voat will be given a reasonable budget to hire one or two employees (I will continue writing code myself as well)
- Voat will be given partial assistance in operating costs, requiring us to fulfill the rest.
I feel that I negotiated successfully on behalf of Voat and every Goat here. You were always in my thoughts as my primary objective was to make sure Voat was protected and our ideals maintained. Although they'd be too polite to admit it, I had to be a (t)horn in their side at times.
In summary, Voat was given the essentials to run as a real business instead of a part time project. We still have to run a tight ship, control costs, generate income (hello merch!), and grow as we weren’t handed a blank check. Most importantly this deal ensures that Voat remains dedicated to the principals it was founded upon.
Is this technically a Christmas miracle Voat? (You better say Yes)
I love you Voat. Always have. Always will.
Merry Christmas Goats!