Voat is experiencing an influx of spam in various subverses so we are issuing an open call for Janitors (Mod Level 3) on all system subverses. We will be taking on 3-5 right now on every default sub.
Terms and Conditions:
- Janitors are to delete obvious spam only. If it isn’t obviously spam, let it be.
- Do not delete anything that violates the rules of a subverse. Removing rule violations is the moderator’s job to determine, not the janitor’s. (Many of these defaults have good moderators that have been there a long time and this is their job to determine such things).
- Be respectful of all existing moderators. This job is about lending a helping hand (giving mods an army of spam fighters), not creating conflict. Voat will remove any Janitor that can’t mesh with the current moderators.
- Subverse transfer requirements 1, 2, 5, and 8 apply. Please read before submitting a Janitor request.
- Janitors will make an effort to report spammed domains, subverses, and users to /v/ReportSpammers. @Cynabuns and @First_Post_King have been doing remarkable things to help Voat in this area and reporting spam is the first step that starts this process.
- Janitors will have access to Subverse Mail (Smail) to see the reports of spam that come in. Only "mark as read" those items you have handled as a spam issue leaving the remaining mail for the moderators to address.
If you can fulfill all of the above conditions, Voat may promote you. This is a great way to get involved for those of you that want to be part of Voat’s future.
How to Apply:
Click the link below and change the subverse in both the URL and TITLE and then submit it.
If the site does not let you submit the request (because of a similar link check), change the number 1 at the end of the url to a different number and try again.
Together we can make Voat an unattractive target for spammers
News on the most annoying bug in history ever
We have identified a key bottleneck in the system. Now we are working on addressing this. Thank you so much Voat for being patient with us and our issues. I know it’s super annoying and we apologize sincerely.