We have to finish a process we started last weekend regarding a primary database move and we might as well get to it today rather than delay. It's like an evil monkey on our back right now
We will need to shut Voat down, take a full backup+verification, then restore this backup on another server. Afterwards, we will need to configure security accounts and open/close some ports and ensure everything is communicating correctly.
This process will take about an hour.
Also, in relation to this change, we have made changes to the preview api. Please see this post:
We have completed the primary move. UI code remains unchanged so we should be good. As always, please let us know if you see any oddities by posting in v/voatdev.
We have received 0 NS/FISA requests.