This long weekend I have made a changing table for our baby which is expected to arrive in March. I used some MDF that was leftover from a previous build. I used 1/2" for the sides and 3/4" for the bottom. It was designed to sit on top of a dresser which we already had, but did not want to alter, and would overhang the dresser by 1 inch and allow 3 1/4 inches of height above the platform to prevent the baby from rolling off the table.
I cut the 1/2" and since I don't have dado blades, I made multiple passes with my table saw until the 3/4" would fit. https://imgoat.com/v/60401/20171122_162944
Then I mitered the outside panels, and tested to fit.
I found that laying out the pieces with painters tape on the joints is a great way to check for square when mitering.
Painted it with 001 white spray paint, sealed with a glossy clear coat, and waited for it to dry.
And finally finished and installed on the dresser. The wife is going to make the foam padding and cover it with pleather or vinyl for easy cleanup.
As a word of advice, when caulking and planning on painting or using clear coat, wait much longer than the directions say before applying the paint and clear coat.
I waited the prescribed time, sanded and painted the caulking without any problem and everything seemed fine. Once I applied the clear coat, it started melting the caulking and I had to scramble to scoop the goop off the piece.
As always, any constructive criticism is welcome.