I recently started to host a server off of my desktop and play it with a couple of friends.
I figured if I am going to host and play Minecraft, why not put it on dedicated hosting and offer the service to anyone else who wants to play.
So, I did.
Here is the IP: : 18.104.22.168:55697
Here is a run down of the features it currently sports:
OpenRift (custom made by myself)
OpenRift is a plugin I made that will randomly generate a 'rift' (portal) somewhere around a point in the world (point in the world is calculated by an average location based on online players).
Upon generating it broadcasts its generated location to the world.
The portal is made out of a End-Portal frame block with twirling particles around it.
Floating above the portal is some text I.E. "[EXTRA_HEALTH, EXTRA_DAMAGE, POISON]".
The text above lists the attributes that are applied to the rift. Attributes affect monsters inside the Rift.
The rift is a randomly selected schematic of a dungeon I built (right now theres only one schematic, so same dungeon everytime).
For example, the above schematics are in play, it means each monster inside the Rift has more health, deals more damage, and poisons you upon damaging you.
There is a 'Rift Boss', at the end of the Rift, upon killing it an EXIT Portal will generate at the beginning of the Rift, you cannot exit the Rift until the Rift boss dies.
You have 60 seconds upon killing the boss to make it out before your existence is deleted and lost.
If you make it out alive after killing the boss, when the ENTRANCE Portal despawns (60 seconds after boss dies, entrance portal is also disabled once boss is dead),
then you are rewarded with items and EXP, you get more EXP & items for the harder the Rift is.
Rifts generated with a random amount, and random degree of attributes.
Rifts are meant to be LATE/END-game content to get sometimes un-obtainable end game items.
Rifts are generally very hard, and you risk everything going in.
ExtraHardMode is a plugin I downloaded and disabled a lot of features.
But it has some cool features I kept, here are a list of the features I kept:
- Grass / Dirt now falls like Sand
- More monsters spawn, and in larger groups
- Monsters have more mechanics (skeletons shoot different types of arrows, zombies slow you upon hitting you, creepers have a slight chance to spawn as charged, +more)
- Pigmen in the nether are naturally aggressive, but deal less damage to balance it out.
- Ghasts are more resistant to arrows.
- Monsters aggro from further away
- Torches extinguish in the rain
- Blazes can spawn near bedrock in the overworld
- When chopping down a tree, limbs and the trunk will fall as each block you break. Enables easier chopping
I might be forgetting a couple, but these are the major ones.
HardcoreMinecraft (custom made by myself)
This plugin kind of gives all the other plugins a punch.
Here is a list of features:
- Upon dying, instead of dropping your inventory it is deleted.
- Upon dying, you lose 1 maximum heart (I.E. died at 10 hearts, you now spawn with 9 hearts).
- You can regain 1 maximum heart by consuming a saddle (Shift + Right click to consume saddles).
- You deal a percentage less damage per maximum heart you are missing (100% at 10, 93% at 9, 86% at 8, ...).
This plugin is killer, you have to be careful at all times, it really sucks missing 2-3 hearts.
You die so much faster, and you deal less damage.
So, especially early in the game be careful and don't do reckless things.
Pretty simple plugin.
Allows you to bottle your exp, so you can save it for later or trade it to others.
Bottle EXP by left clicking an empty bottle on an Enchantment table. Shift + left click for 10 at a time.
I think that is pretty much it, I will add if I think of more things.