Wow, I received a lot of resumes! Will look though them next week. Thank you to everyone that sent over a resume and the cover letters have been inspiring! Goats are awesome.
This DDOS really took it out of me. I recognized that I can no longer keep Voat afloat all on my own. It’s simply too much for me to juggle. So, let’s assemble a team of goats. I have two technical openings I’m looking to fill. Here are some details.
Prerequisites for all positions:
- Must value Freedom of Speech and understand both the negative and positive aspects it presents; to stand behind it for good or worse.
- Must be able to remain calm and collected in high tension environments. When the sky is falling, we don’t need people freaking out.
Voat is entirely .NET Core (running 2.2 and soon 3.0) written in C#/F#. We have very few dependencies and our architecture is designed fairly well. We have big features in the prototype phase and will be actively developing more. If you are bored at your current job, Voat is a breath of fresh air.
You will be required to sign a very strict NDA. We aren’t messing around with our safety over here.
Position will be contract and fully remote. US candidates only, I hate timezone issues. You will be expected to have sufficient hardware to run and develop Voat. No hand holding on this team.
I’m looking for my eventual replacement(s). People that can take over the technical aspects of Voat development completely, so there is great opportunity if you deliver and can lead. Stock options and raises are both on the table.
Pay will be determined on your experience and what holes you can fill on our side. We can’t compete with larger companies so offers will be reasonable and fair.
Scalability Architect Details
You will be designing an entirely new infrastructure that needs to scale infinitely. You will be responsible for fully understanding the existing application architecture and architecting solutions to new feature sets. You will work directly with company management on a daily basis. This is a software position, not a UML position, so you will be coding the solutions you design.
- Expert knowledge of scalability and performance concerns with applications dealing with highly available and rapidly changing datasets.
- Must fully understand the concept of caching and have working knowledge with systems that rely heavily upon caching.
- Must be knowledgeable with various open source technologies such as PostgresSql, Cassandra, Redis.
- Must have working knowledge with .NET or .NET Core (or an extensive background with Object-Oriented C family languages such as Java and C++ and a passion to learn C#/F#/.NET Core). Must be fully aware of all Object-Oriented concepts such as inheritance, polymorphism, etc.
- Must fully understand the concept of unit testing and integration testing as well as being able to rapidly prototype hypothetical solutions as proofs of concept.
- Must know git and be able to effectively work in a code repository with multiple contributors. Must know how to effectively handle merge conflicts. You will likely manage the repository entirely.
You will be responsible for UX/UI design and implementation on an HTML5 responsive website. You will assume responsibility for all related UI assets including design, architecture, and implementation. You will work directly with application architects and end users when designing and implementing solutions.
- Advanced level knowledge of CSS
- Some knowledge of .NET Core and MVC, along with a knowledge of Object-Oriented software, or a strong desire to learn these technologies.
- Must know how to thoroughly debug software in order to isolate and test for bugs. This may require you to debug C#/F# code.
If you’d like to throw your name in the hat, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with this exact title: I WANNA BE A GOAT. Please strip out ALL personally identifiable information from your resume. Do not include your Voat account with this email. Cover letters concerning your attitude about Freedom of Speech will be considered over those with none, but keep it short please, no novels.
Because of the nature of our fight, character references will likely be required. No way I’m accidently hiring a SaneGoat.
We also need a Network Security administrator but I don’t have a job description for this opening. Requirements: Dealing with advanced DDOS and every kind of hacking attempt known to man.