SeriousDiscussion is a subverse that houses intelligent discussion about meaningful or interesting ideas or issues. All posts and comments should be serious and contribute to the discussion. Be sure to check /v/discuss out as well!
Note: There may be long delays between moderating and enforcing rules. If you’d like to help out and become a mod of /v/SeriousDiscussion, please contact @Nurdoidz.
No low-effort posts or comments.
- Posts should be serious and meaningful to you in some way.
- Comments should contribute to the discussion.
- Jokes are generally not allowed unless it accommodates a contributing comment or contributes itself.
- No memes, trolling, or personal attacks.
- All comments must be on-topic.
- If a discussion leads into another topic, please continue the discussion in a new thread.
All topics are allowed.
- Topics can range anywhere from Voat changes to politics, gardening to video games, science developments to race car engineering, and everything in between.
Posts should state a stance or start the discussion in some way.
- State your opinion, share some background information, etc.
- Links should only be posted in the body of a post, along with an opinion statement or other contributing information. Link posts by themselves are not allowed.