What art would go in your museum?
Welcome to the Museum at Voat! Please read and follow these guidelines. We don't want to remove anything, so help us help you.
- Submissions must include the Artist's name, title of the work and year of commission (if available). Please include anything else about the art/ist in the comments or discussion box.
- While direct links are preferred, we understand sites need to make money to stay online. Anything excessively ad heavy will be removed, and asked to be rehosted.
- Only Images/Gifs of artwork will be allowed. Artwork will, generally, be defined as either a painting, photograph, or sculpture that has been admitted into a 'majour' museum. Majour defined here as something like 'Chickasaw, Idaho City Museum', but not 'Bob's Street corner gallery'. That will be slightly subjective, but we'll try to err on your side.
- Photographs, while frowned upon, will not be deleted as long as they are labeled and have been accepted into a major museum.
- Discussion topics will still be allowed, just preface them with 'Discussion' and a short title accordingly.
- No art which sexualizes children, or in which children pose in a lewd or lascivious manner will be permitted. While this could be misconstrued to pertain to a number of classical works, the line here should be pretty obvious so we're going to apply the rule of common sense.
If you have any questions regarding these rules, removed submissions, or anything not covered, feel free to post in the stickied thread and ping a curator or MSG us directly.
Thank you for visiting the Museum at Voat, and Happy browsing.