- Post about new animation software packages.
- Share After Effects tips and tricks.
- Ask for help with your projects.
- Post videos of oustanding motion graphics.
- Post tutorials that you think are useful.
- Share your demo reel.
- Discuss design and animation trends.
- Tell us how you broke into the industry.
We do need to make sure we don't have submissions that bleed into the 3D animation category.
Obviously motion graphics are not just 2D, but I think it makes sense to omit examples of fully rigged character animation,
extremely realistic 3d environments, and things of that nature. Remember, at the core of motion graphics as a digital art form is animation & design. We want to explore typography, design, shape, movement, form, scope, and color in both the 2d and 3d pictorial space.
But, we might want to omit game art design, film shorts, subcutaneous light scattering for realistic skin, hair renderers, etc.--areas of digital animation where we might miss out on the artist's sense of calculated design. We can find where that line is together.