0
86

[–] Saufsoldat 0 points 86 points (+86|-0) ago 

These sites vastly overestimate their own importance.

0
39

[–] dabork 0 points 39 points (+39|-0) ago 

Especially since most of them don't actually create any content and anything you're missing can be easily found on other sources.

Can't wait until this clueless fucking generation dies out so technology can finally thrive.

0
20

[–] grubbypixie 0 points 20 points (+20|-0) ago 

Which generation is clueless? I've been online since 1996 and I've watched it grow from something fun and useful to the unwieldy money making monster we have today. I don't think that a dying generation is going to help the Internet.

1
3

[–] CowWithBeef 1 points 3 points (+4|-1) ago 

We will get slightly dumber every day from now until then and our optimistic offspring will say the same thing. Cheers

0
2

[–] HeavyBrain 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

Yeah but they play on the peoples laziness to go to more than two sites to find their stuff.

[–] [deleted] 1 points 0 points (+1|-1) ago 

[Deleted]

0
10

[–] Super_Cooper 0 points 10 points (+10|-0) ago 

You're absolutely right. Most of these publications are easily replaceable. It's not that hard to get some talented writers and journalists together and start producing good content. Conde Nast specifically is like a chick who's a 6 or a 7 in LA. Yeah she might be alright, but there are a lot of other girls that are way better.

[–] [deleted] 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

[Deleted]

0
4

[–] Disgruntled 0 points 4 points (+4|-0) ago 

Exactly, all they're doing is losing readers.

0
3

[–] ninjai 0 points 3 points (+3|-0) ago 

Pretty much. If 90% of sites on the internet started doing this, then I'd just use the remaining 10% and spend my computer time doing other things. The internet is just a big pile of shit these days. I miss the good ol days of '90s internet.

0
1

[–] the_devils_lettuce 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

I also miss the 90's internet.

0
1

[–] grubbypixie 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

I sure don't miss dial-up though.

0
45

[–] frankenmine 0 points 45 points (+45|-0) ago 

They don't get it.

Ad blockers can block ad blocker blockers, too.

0
29

[–] dabork 0 points 29 points (+29|-0) ago 

And even if you stop the ad-blockers, you can do absolutely jack-shit about me blocking connections to your ad servers from my network.

[–] [deleted] 0 points 13 points (+13|-0) ago 

[Deleted]

0
0

[–] ninjai 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

The solution is for these sites to start installing malware on your end to ensure you do get the sponsored content. lol. There's no right way for them to force users to view ads.

0
33

[–] pm-me-your-pm 0 points 33 points (+33|-0) ago 

The funny thing is that the sites doing this think I care enough about their content to either pay or disable my ad-blocker, rather than just press the back button, which is what I actually do.

If your business model depends on trying to strongarm your customers, your business model can get fucked.

0
28

[–] go1dfish 0 points 28 points (+28|-0) ago 

Conde Nast doesn't own Reddit...

Advance Publications does (Which also owns Conde Nast)

Doesn't that make it all better?

1
4

[–] flyawayhigh [S] 1 points 4 points (+5|-1) ago 

dammmn. :D

0
25

[–] idle_voating 0 points 25 points (+25|-0) ago 

You want people to stop blocking ads. Stop making your ads get in the way and overpower the content. Things like commercials that play twice as loud as the video that I actually want to watch or ads getting in the way of the article that I want to read.

0
1

[–] Scruffy_Nerfherder 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Or a 2 minute ad so I can watch a cat take its first steps.... Thanks YouTube. I really mean fuck you, but thanks.

0
2

[–] myvoicefromhell 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

Dude, YouTube ads are there so you can get another drink from the kitchen before the show starts. They aren't for watching.

[–] [deleted] 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

[Deleted]

0
1

[–] idle_voating 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Are you looking for ideas to copy because you're unoriginal? If you are then you just might be on your way to becoming one of the top people in the ad industry.

0
8

[–] In_Cog_Nito 0 points 8 points (+8|-0) ago  (edited ago)

They will never learn (from 05/08/2010).

0
7

[–] Strikingearth 0 points 7 points (+7|-0) ago 

The ads often overpower the article. I'm going to go download an even better ad blocker right now. Fuck you Conde Nast.

0
5

[–] SecularPenguinist 0 points 5 points (+5|-0) ago 

NoScript ignores their silly little paywall popup. Try harder guys.

load more comments ▼ (22 remaining)