0
6

[–] So_lost 0 points 6 points (+6|-0) ago 

Sure are a lot of hospitals on that list.

0
7

[–] Mr_Meesek 0 points 7 points (+7|-0) ago 

Yeah.

It's a little weird. You'd think with more hospitals, there'd be more competition. It's almost as if there be price fixin' goin' on.

0
1

[–] WhiteRonin 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Not weird at all. ObamaCare pays them directly so they can build out huge executive layers.

As for price fixing ... They don't need to since they charge as much as possible for services that they negotiated with the healthcare providers. Healthcare providers just need to ask for bigger budgets that tax payers have no choice to pay.

Many people keep saying a capitalistic market is the only solution. Of course they would! If I could have a government contract that I can milk as much as possible you bet your sweet ass I'll fight for this!

I want Japan's system. It's mostly government funded but all people living in the country also pay into too. Hospitals are price regulated based on a point system for every possible procedure and service. Insurance cards are issued by the government so beauracy bloat is easily targeted and controlled. Competition isn't needed to reduce prices because it's cheap as fuck -- friends full hip replacement cost him $500 out of pocket plus monthly premium. I've had oodles of X-rays done and never paid more than $100 for a visit. I have never heard of a family go bankrupt because of cancer or other life ending medical issue -- never! But I get access to all the cutting edge technologies -- yes, you can IF you can pay for it, most of us cant and I'd rather have good quality care that wont bankrupt me and my family.

0
1

[–] WhiteRonin 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

ObamaCare funds healthcare companies ... Which is why I've been so vocal against them. They build layers of VPs and executives instead of lowering monthly payments. I would prefer a straight governmental social health care because it would reduce costs -- no middleman to pay salaries, pensions, or golden parachute retirement bonuses to.

1
4

[–] AnthraxAlex 1 points 4 points (+5|-1) ago  (edited ago)

Well thats fucking terrifying. All thats left are service based companies and retailers. No wonder everyone is fucked. I cant believe universities and the military are on the list.

0
2

[–] Apathy 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

It's sort of misleading though. This isn't based on industry, but based on largest employer. If you have a state with 90% of white collar jobs, spread out over 10,000 companies, versus one company that say runs all the fast food stores and employs the other 10%, you'd think everyone living there worked at McDonalds.

0
0

[–] WhiteRonin 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

Military makes a lot of sense when you consider bases also create surrounding support retail and services markets.

The service companies that sort of surprised me were the health care ones -- they get funded through the government so they should technically be US government jobs.

Walmart ... I can totally see it. They have shops in small towns and probably keep a lot of those places from turning into ghost towns. But people still hate on it.

0
1

[–] AnthraxAlex 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago  (edited ago)

I agree that the military employs a lot of people but this is the classic guns or butter argument. For a large military there should be a much larger base of non military industry supporting it. This is why the US was able to beat Russia during the cold war economically as too much of a percentage of the USSR's economy was based on military spending and there wasn't a large enough base producing commodities to support the military or the population. The problem is you cannot base and support an entire economy on service industry its a system that eats itself from the inside out eventually. The largest part of any healthy economy is the production and manufacturing of the goods, tangible things of value that remain in the economy after they are created or can be consumed to support and feed the population. If you try to have an entirely service based economy eventually the people supplying your commodities stop trading with you because you aren't producing and trading anything of tangible value to them see Venezuela.

0
3

[–] Grospoliner 0 points 3 points (+3|-0) ago 

"No. No. Employment in America is fine. It's recovered! Everything is great."

0
2

[–] varialus 0 points 2 points (+2|-0) ago 

Pretty well explains the current state of the union.

0
0

[–] DillHoleBagHands 0 points 0 points (+0|-0) ago 

I cannot say this enough, I FUCKING HATE IU. Fucking cock cock suckers have ruined healthcare in this state.