Since we're in a freeze peach zone, I'll go ahead and comment about something that annoys me about Voat.
When it comes to trannies, faggots, nig-nogs, and certain other groups, Voat likes to represent the whole by a selection of its parts. I'm a big ol' fag, but I sincerely believe (and put up with all y'all because I can't talk like this on faggit):
- The cake bakers have every right to say "no" to any customer they want
- Puberty blockers are a bad idea and create fucked-up humans, not "success stories about gender transitioning"
- The left's sexualization of children is weird and worrisome
- I don't want anybody to lose the right to offend me, because I want the right to offend them, and rules should be applied equally
- Trying to achieve racial representation quotas in higher education by lowering or raising admissions standards on an individual basis is terrible. All those students end up in the same classes, which causes resentment among those less well prepared for the material
When it comes to the racial stuff, man, I just wish people would acknowledge "statistics are meaningful in predicting the behavior of a group overall, but provide little benefit of prediction for a single actor". We HAVE black users on this website who are just as fed-up with political correctness as everyone else. Nothing we're doing here encourages them to take action in their communities, to take responsibility for their own culture. Not in the way we regard ourselves as responsible for our own, at least--look at TradWives.
The TradWives sub is very much a "defend, improve, and interact with our culture" place. We espouse the views we think are good there, and encourage people to come in, talk about it, and try to understand why it works well for them. We could be such a better place if we weren't all assholes. Ultimately, that's true of every internet platform and of the world in general, so I guess nothing new there.
PS: Fuck anonymous posting, I ain't afraid of putting my name on shit