Police in the Dominican Republic have arrested a Haiti orphanage founder who's accused of molesting boys in his care.
National police spokesman Col. Frank Felix Duran Mejia confirmed Saturday that Michael Geilenfeld was taken into custody. He did not say whether any charges had been filed and declined to specify whether Geilenfeld would be extradited to the U.S. or another country.
Seven men have accused Geilenfeld of sexually abusing them as boys.
Geilenfeld is a U.S. citizen who contends the assertions have ruined his reputation, cost the Hearts with Haiti charity several million dollars in donations and led him to be falsely imprisoned for 237 days.
An abuse survivors group said Friday that Geilenfeld had fled to the Dominican Republic to avoid arrest and prosecution in Haiti.
I found this on 8chan.
@think- from pizzagate, added the following...
He has been accused of sexual abuse for years:
Gay orphanage founder loses Haiti facility amid sex abuse allegations
November 5, 2015
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) - Haitian authorities on Thursday closed an orphanage for boys founded three decades ago by a U.S. citizen facing accusations he sexually abused children in his care.
Police padlocked the doors at the St. Joseph Home for Boys in the Delmas 91 neighborhood of Port-au-Prince. About two-dozen shouting men tried to prevent the closure, but a government agent scattered the group by firing a gun into the air.
Police and judicial officials locked the main door of the orphanage before the men, many of them employees and former residents of the home, returned to try again to stop the shutdown.
Haitian investigators looking into new allegations of sexual abuse against orphanage founder Michael Geilenfeld have sought to detain him in recent days but have been unable to locate the Iowa native and former Catholic brother. He has had travel restrictions placed on him by Haitian authorities but it is not known if they seized his U.S. passport.
In an Oct. 29 court order seen by The Associated Press, Judge Bernard Sainvil allowed all of Geilenfeld’s charitable operations in Haiti to be shuttered by authorities due to allegations of “rape and sexual aggression.”
https://www. washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/5/haiti-officials-shut-down-orphanage-founded-by-us-/
http://archive.fo/T7t3H
@shewhomustbeobeyed said we’ve had info on this guy for a while...
https://searchvoat.co/?t=hearts+of+haiti&s=&u=&d=&df=&dt=&b=on&nsfw=on&o=on
view the rest of the comments →
[–] think- 0 points 1 point 1 point (+1|-0) ago (edited ago)
Michael Geilenfeld sued an activist over sexual abuse allegations:
Federal court rules against Hearts with Haiti and orphanage founder
May 01, 2017
A federal appeals court has ruled against a Raleigh-based charity and the founder of an orphanage in Haiti who together had won a defamation lawsuit in New England, only to see that ruling reversed on appeal.
Hearts with Haiti and Michael Geilenfeld won a $14.5 million verdict in 2015 against Paul Kendrick of Maine.
Kendrick began an internet campaign in 2011 accusing Geilenfeld of sexually abusing children in his care at facilities operated by his organization, St. Joseph Family. Hearts with Haiti acts as the U.S. financial wing of St. Joseph Family, collecting donations on behalf of the organization.
But last summer, a federal judge ruled that Geilenfeld lacked grounds to sue in the United States because he wasn’t living in the country when he filed the lawsuit. A federal appeals court in Boston upheld that decision last week, reaffirming the dismissal of the defamation lawsuit and the order that Kendrick pay damages.
Alan Stone, the president of the Hearts with Haiti board of directors, called the court’s decision disappointing, but says it doesn’t change the jury’s decision that Kendrick defamed the charity and Geilenfeld.
https:// www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/wake-county/article147914464.html
http://archive.fo/bxEDh