Games news straight from the sources, without the third-party ads, politics, or spin.
- Content on publisher or developer sites.
- Official social media accounts for publishers or developers (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+, etc.)
- Forum comments made by developer or publisher employees on official forums.
- New release announcements from digital distributor sites (Steam, GOG, etc.)
- Crowd-funding announcements or updates (Kickstarter, IndieGoGo)
- Business Wire Press Release (Ask mods about other press release aggregators)
- Links to third-party news sites or blogs, including popular gaming news blogs. This includes any submissions that do not direct to official sources.
- Non-gaming content. All submissions should directly relate to video games.
- Primary sources that redirect to third-party content (e.g. tweet that links to third-party interview)
- Commentary in text submissions. All discussion must be done in replies.
- Direct image linking.
- Developer soapboxing. We want game news, not John Carmack's views on abortion.
- NSFW content must be tagged.
- No blatant low-content spam/advertisement.
- Repeated or extreme rules violations will result in ban (not AutoMod ban/shadowban).