Let's play a game of "Guess Who?" Here are the numerous and rapidly easily-identifiable tropes, cliches, and themes scatter-bombed throughout the series:
• Aliens hide inside cloned human skin in order to disguise themselves and blend in with the humans.
• The aliens have their own language and symbol writing, but also speak the various earth languages perfectly.
• Aliens think themselves superior to humanity.
• The aliens have infiltrated all levels of government & law enforcement, various sectors of the economy, and myriad corners of culture and society—to spy on and control society in order to bring to pass their ultimate plans of destruction and enslavement.
• The aliens present themselves as peaceful and benign, but in reality are conniving, dishonest and bloodthirsty with ultimate plans to pillage and overthrow the earth.
• The aliens are obsessed with keeping their own genetics and breeding pure and without contamination from the humans.
• The aliens present superior technology, but are also parasites that need and feed off the humans themselves and their resources.
• The aliens sponsor what looks to the outside world like 3rd party terrorism and routinely pull off false flag operations.
• The aliens have been working for decades—in secret—to destabilize society and create misery and chaos, sweeping in later to portray themselves as saviors to exploit the masses.
• The aliens seek to gain control of major portions of the economy and industry in order to enslave and control everyone.
• The aliens take control of the media and create popular groundswell against anyone who speaks out against them. They bully reporters and demand that they only paint the aliens in positive light—or else the media will lose access.
• Their brainwashed human supporters frequently demand that others “name one bad thing the aliens have done!”
• The aliens use mass surveillance to keep people in line, resorting to extermination and assassination of humans—and even their own kind, if necessary.
• When humans try to strike back, the Aliens portray themselves as "victims."
• Most humans are too blind to see the truth, preferring to be “bought off” by the aliens’ technology and suave promises of utopia.
• The aliens enjoy moments among themselves called “bliss,” which is a peaceful, happy state without humans and their turmoil, disseminated from the Alien leader to the alien followers.
Who/what do the Aliens represent?