From Key Ray Chong, Cannibalism in China, Longwood Academic: Wakefield, NH. (1990):
- even today, in the People's Republic of China, the use of human fingers, toes, nails, dried urine, feces and breast milk are strongly recommended by the government to cure certain diseases
- Particularly in ancient times, learned cannibalism was often practiced in China for culinary appreciation, and exotic dishes were prepared for jaded upper-class palates in times of health and/or sickness
- it was not unusual for Chinese executioners to eat the heart and brains of the criminals they disaptch. They also ate a portion of the human meat for health reasons, but when some extra meat was left, they sold it for profit.
- the Chinese often ate their enemies out of hatred or revenge during wartime
- The many instances of cannibalism in China throughout antiquity serve as a prelude to the way that the practice of cannibalism later became an integral part of Chinese culture
- Human flesh was considered as a source of protein and a way to increase male sexual stamina
Who knows that two history facts about Chinese cannibalism?
1)One Chinese rich man invited his friend to eat his servants (2 young boys).
Then the other invited his friend to eat his female servant. It happened in the Chinese Sui Empire.
2) And In Chinese Ming Empire, Chinese people openly eat human fresh in restaurants.
They sold living persons to restaurants for eating. Such poor people were called as "cairen".
Much more here: http://archive.is/zllkx