So I finally have everything I need to start pressure canning and yesterday I had a go.
I got some tasty Hawaiian sweet corn and some fresh beets (locally grown with no pesticides of course).
I didn't really know how I wanted to set up everything. I discovered, for my space, it's more practical to store jars in the oven for sterilization. Lids went into a sauce pan on the stove.
I boiled the beets for about 30 minutes, till the skin came off. I got pint jars. I jar held about 1 and half beets. I nommed the other half.
Turns out my beets needed more than than 1 inch head space. They swelled a lot and overflowed a bit. Next time I will give 1 1/2.
Also I did a super poopy job removing air. I'll be more careful about it.
Corn canned more cleanly but takes a long time to process. 5 small ears fit into one pint jar. Next time I do corn I'll do 15 ears.
In the end, I realized my pressure wasn't high enough. Everything sealed but I put them all in the fridge just to be sure.
Next time will be much better.