Back in the summer of 2010, my friend Corrine Peters and her mother Jayne Peters were both found dead in their home. It was quickly ruled a murder-suicide and I was 17 at the time and didn’t think much of it. I was heartbroken and fell into a deep depression. A few months ago, I came across an old article regarding this “murder suicide” and realized that even I didn’t have some of the major facts right.
I’ve spent hours looking at articles and the autopsies and none of it made any sense to me. I’m so sad. I also believe if I try to push for them to reopen this case, I may also end up dead. Jayne Peters was the mayor of the town and she owed them thousands of dollars because she was using the city’s credit card for personal use. They were upset about it and she was under investigation at the time. Here are just a few things that did not make any sense to me:
The gun was not Jayne’s. It belonged to another mayor and he “let her borrow it” a week before the murder-suicide because she “wanted to get a gun permit”
-A half hour after allegedly killing her 18 year old daughter, Jayne allegedly returned the car to the dealership she was renting for her daughter. She used the city’s CC for the rent.
- There were 4 suicide notes, and they were all typed with the exception of one which had her written initials.
- There was a blackberry phone and laptop in front of the house that Jayne allegedly left. There was a note on them that said “city property”.
-One of the typed suicide notes said that Corrine was depressed and wanted to die as well like a suicide pact kind of thing. But that’s not true. I knew her so well. There were no signs. She was also shot in the back of the head. If she wanted so badly to die why did her mom shoot her in the back of the head?
- Jayne alledgedly killed herself with a contact sound in the middle of her forehead close to a day later after killing Corrine.
-The father died in 2008 from cancer and they were struggling financially but getting help to pay rent from their church. They’ve also used the father’s death as a reason for this “suicide pact”.
- Not even a week after this tragedy, the former mayor announced that he’d be running again for mayor.
- The day after the murder someone anonymously sent the city $10,000 in order to pay off Mrs. Peters’ unethical use of the city’s credit card.
There are more questionable inconsistencies but I’m afraid to share how I feel with the other people who were affected by this. Should I just let it go? I’m so sad. Am I insane to believe that they were both murdered? I’m 1 of 2 people who strongly believe they were murdered. There are numerous articles online to gain more information. Please help!