This is a place for news and discussions of the politics of The United States of America.
- Editorialization of titles is not allowed.
- Links to primary or otherwise official sources of information are strongly encouraged.
- Links to blogs or otherwise non-professional journalistic outlets are allowed, but these pieces should not be inciteful or inflammatory. Fair warning: This rule is under active consideration.
- You are free to express your particular political opinion or leaning in comments and discussions, but this sub adopts a strict position of neutrality. However, if you have a particular opinion or position, you should be prepared to defend it.
- Please refrain from vitriol of any kind, even if it doesn't attack another. While we know it's impossible, please attempt to be as neutral as possible.
- This place is not a soapbox for any ideology. Therefore, soapboxing of any kind of not allowed.
- Non "mainstream" (in the context of current American politics) content is not encouraged here. The goal is to have news and discussions revolve around actual current political events (i.e. if you're going to post about, say, the American Communist Party, be prepared to be scrutinized as they are not relevant in current American politics).
- Personal information is not allowed. Information on politicians must lead to their official outlets (the Senator's office).