For the students among you I hope you are enjoying your summer. For the rest (except for the Britons): at least it's sunny outside...
Last Update Post was 18 days ago (V188.8.131.52) and a lot has changed since.
So in no particular order, let's talk about:
You have noticed that I made AVE into an extension for Firefox, Chrome and Opera. The addons were really easy to write! What isn't easy is hosting AVE has a legit extension on all those browsers' distribution platforms.
Firefox: I've submitted a version two weeks ago and my position in the reviewing queue is 277 out of 326. I don't think it will be accepted before mid-September.
I cannot update to the latest version without reseting my position in the queue. So, in the meantime, grab the latest updates from the github repo here (the XPI file).
Chrome: Here I needed to pay to have AVE hosted on the Chrome Web Store. That's not something I am ok with. Very fortunately, /u/roboticon is already hosting /v/VKS and proposed to host AVE too! Thanks a lot again!
I want to thank /u/nivuahc too for offering his help!
Opera: /u/Appex asked for it, so it exists now. It has been submitted to Opera's addons website and until it has been reviewed and accepted, you can instead download the Chrome version, since the Chrome extension natively works with Opera.
In the last 20 days or so, I won't lie, I've been slacking off a lot. Still here's what's been added since V184.108.40.206:
- New feature: ShowSubmissionVoatBalance (experimental) -> adds the possibility to display the actual balance of down/upvotes for a submission you voted on, instead of only the up or downvote count (depending on your vote)
- UserInfoFixedPos: option to add an arrow that will hide/show the user-info block
- FixContainerWidth: option to justify text in comments
- Added possibility to display the comment that have been filtered or ignored by clicking them
- New feature: CommentFilter
- New feature: SubmissionFilter
- Removed backcompatibility module (V1 to V2)
- Added support for more Voat pages and excluded all API pages.
- UserInfoFixedPos: option to divide in two the user account header (disabled by default),
- And fixed 19 issues/bugs
For a list of the complete changelog see the version notifier (click the version number in the preference manager).
Voat Keyboard Shortcuts
/u/Roboticon is the creator of /v/VKS. VKS adds way more shortcuts to navigate Voat than AVE does. In comparison, AVE implements 8 key shortcuts, where VKS adds more than 20.
Because I do not plan to add this many shortcuts in the future, I am pointing you towards /u/Roboticon's work. If you install AVE with VKS, know that you need to disable (in the Preference Manager > Posts tab) the modules called: "Select Posts" and "Shortcut keys".
AVE is pretty much done/complete for me. That means that if I were only developing it for myself I would have stopped two or three updates ago.
Ask around and you will see that I have added a lot of features/fixes simply because one person wanted it. So don't hesitate to suggest a new feature you feel is missing.
If you want something, ask for it!